The Most Decadent Brownie Ever recipe
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 4 tablespoon bourbon, brandy, or orange juice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 5 ounce (5 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup all-purpose white flour
- 0.5 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (we like Hershey Special Dark)
- .75 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
Prep Time: 15 minutes.
Cook Time: 25 minutes.
Total Time: 40 minutes.
The MOST swoon-worthy brownie imaginable — cherries soaked in bourbon, brandy or orange juice — and loaded with dark chocolate flavor!
For our 8 x 16 inch Rectangular Baker or any 9 x 13 inch pan
Preheat the oven to 350°
Lightly grease the pan. Due to the cherries and their stickiness, we recommend either parchment or wax paper placed on the bottom to allow easy release. Grease the parchment as well.
- Place cherries and bourbon, brandy or orange juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring to make sure all of the cherries are coated. Let the liquid cook down until the cherries have absorbed most of the liquid and the alcohol has boiled off. Set aside to cool.
- Chop chocolate into pieces less than a half-inch in size. Place in a microwave-safe bowl along with the butter. Cover with a plate and heat until chocolate and butter melts and can be stirred together. Do not overheat. Depending upon oven power, you may need to repeat this step; we recommend additional 10 second intervals if your chocolate needs more time.
- Mix sugar and eggs together. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and stir until evenly distributed. Squeeze cherries to drain off excess liquid, and add them with the vanilla to the batter. Add the nuts (if using) and chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Add the flour and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and distribute as evenly as possible. Bake for 20-25 minutes. A tester inserted in the middle should come out clean. DO NOT OVER-BAKE. Cool until lukewarm. Keep brownies in as small an airtight container as possible to reduce drying out. Will keep for many days.