Blueberry Ginger Buckle recipe
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- .5 teaspoon salt
- .5 teaspoon ground ginger
- .25 teaspoon unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- .75 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- .5 cup whole milk
- 2 pint berries, picked through to remove stems and over-ripe berries
- .5 cup sugar (for topping)
- .33 cup flour (for topping)
- .5 teaspoon ground nutmeg (for topping)
- .25 teaspoon ground cinnamon (for topping)
- .25 cup cold butter
Prep Time: 10 minutes.
Cook Time: 35 minutes.
Total Time: 45 minutes.
PREHEAT oven to 375°
PREPARE: spray an 8 x 8 inch Bennington Square Baker with cooking spray
- Use a fork to whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well incorporated. Change the speed of the mixer to low and add 1/3 of the flour mixture. Beat until just incorporated. Add 1/3 of the milk and beat until incorporated again. Alternate flour mixture and milk until everything is combined. Gently stir in the blueberries and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- For the topping: In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the butter and work into the dry ingredients using a fork or your hands until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top of the cake.
- Bake on the middle rack of your oven for 35 minutes or until the topping and cake are golden in color. Cool before serving.